After much thought and some up and down about the GTR, I finally decided to go on with it.
After some fixing on the exhaust line (consequence of my previous offroad adventure ath the beginning of this year), I was able to drive it again.
As foreseen, I went to "Le Mans classique" with it and enjoy the 500km ride even with my still non working aircon (Ok, I admit that it will be more pleaseant with a working one).
Concerning the event itself it was huge and full of beautiful cars but I'm must admit that I 'm always a bit sad that there is so few old japanese cars outside the "Z"
|Thanks again to the Datsun france Club that allow me to take part with them|
Even those two guys are more honda fan, they've a lot of passion for all japanese cars. I already helped them with my two other toys ( My 1976 Mazda 818 and my daily BRZ ) and it's always a pleasure to chat with them.
So speaking with them I realize that I only focused on the weak points of my cars and forget how lucky I was to drive such a car in continental Europe.
So enough sentimental chatting, let's take a look on what we'll come next.
First : front turret rust problem. It's a well known problem of our Nissan and my car was unfortunatly not spare by it.
I'll try to find someone who could solve this AND my aircon problem in the same time during winter so I can enjoy my car fully next summer.
In the list of other jobs to do, there's also :
- front headlights replacement. The conversion (for LHD drive) was not perfectly done and the plastic had worn a lot inside...
- Find a beter/proper placement for the gauges as their actual position have too much taste of unfinished business.
- Check the pressure regulator. As it's probably still the original one, I wonder if I'll go for a new OEM one (still wait news from My Nissan dealer if we could get one in EU) or directly use a BORDER(tm) Fuel delivery kit (replacing the rail in the same time). If anyone and an advice on this part, I'm listening
- replacement of all the old bushings
- installation of front brace
- Installation of Nismo link set front and rear
So still a lot of things to do but decision is made to go further so let's roll (and may be start playing lottery too :p )