jeudi 8 janvier 2015

Work in progress

So, this year I decided to start the year with one week off to work on the skyline and begin my quest for a GT86/BRZ .

Concerning the first part (who interest us on this blog), I had planned 3 main things to do :

1) Taking off the interior on the right side. I discovered some rust around the rear right window so I decided to take care of it. To be fair I asked it to someone more competent than me but he asked me to remove the interior by myself.

Result in pictures :
First, removing the seats


Interior taken off


Traces of rust
There's more rust at the bottom ofB-pillar but I don't have taken pictures of it yet.

2) Changing High/low beam settings. The objective was to have all lights working when I asked high beam. I must admit that I chose the fastest and easier way to do it (soldiering some parts of the switch, for more info : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/296785-bcnr33-high-low-beam-same-time.html ).
It's not elegant but it works and that's all that matter for me.

3) Testing the low pressure switch of aircon to find why my airocn pump doesn't engage. (will be done tomorrow I hope).

And that's all for this month. With rear audio and seats taken off, the car is louder and I must admit that I found ride in it less pleasant so it will stay at the garage until begin february.

P.S.: the car overtook the 20000km riding since the motor rebuilt \o/



4 commentaires:

  1. Nice! What are you using to fix the rust? Thanks for taking care of your baby!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hello Aki,

      Many month later (sorry), I got an answer.
      Following the guy who did the job, they sanded it down manually, treat it with phosphoric acid and then cover the whole with some epoxy.
      It seems taht the glass was already replaced before but without paying attention to the correct sealing :(.
      That problem is fixed but my brother-in-law said me that the underfloor was very rusty so the same procedure (sanding, phosphoric aci treatment then epoxy) should be applied for the bottom begin June.
      I'll try to make some pictures to illustrate that later ;).

      Supprimer
  2. I don't like seeing that rust so treating it before it does to much damage is something normal for me ;) (and "easier" to solve than electronic or aircon trouble for me)
    Concerning the rust treatment, I must admit that I don't know.
    I'll let the work to a professional but I can ask him what he use if you want .
    When I treat the " brake discs" (the part where the wheel comes actually),
    I used a brush to clean the surface, some acid - 3 or 4 hours waiting to "passivate" , rince with water, dry it and then paint it.
    I presume that the principle will be the same for the bodywork but with more professional product and method.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    RépondreSupprimer